Women Helping Youth awards grants to organizations that provide direct assistance to children in need in the greater Los Angeles area. For our current fiscal year, grants will generally be between $5,000 and $25,000 .
- Must be a California exempt nonprofit organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3) for a minimum of 3 years
- Must target a specific need of children or young adults up to 22 years old in Greater Los Angeles
- 51% of the youth must be from Los Angeles
- Project need is best addressed by private philanthropy
- Project addresses a critical need
- Project is tangible
- Project will directly and significantly impact underserved youth in need
- Components of the project can be sustained for at least 3 years
- A WHY grant would provide for all or a significant portion of the needed funds for the project
- Project will be ready for implementation during the calendar year in which the grant is awarded and completed within 1 year of date of grant
- There is stability of the organization
- The agency’s board of directors is comprised largely of unpaid volunteers
- The agency has a 3-year history of successfully implementing minor or major projects and properly administering grants
Women Helping Youth will not award grants to support fundraising events, debt retirement, political activities, or operating expenses.